Massey University Distinguished Alumni Awards 2018
Massey University calls nominations for the ‘Distinguished Alumni Awards 2018’. The Distinguished Alumni Awards honour alumni who have made outstanding contributions to Massey University, to their professions, their communities or the nation.
Nominations must be received by 5pm Friday 25 August 2017
If you have any questions or any recommendations for nominations please email email@example.com
We thank you for taking the time to be involved.
Terms and Conditions
Definition of Alumni: graduates from Massey University, Massey Agricultural College, the University of
New Zealand, Wellington Polytechnic, Palmerston North Teachers College or the New Zealand School of Music,
or were a faculty member or a member of staff, professor emeritus or someone awarded an honorary
doctorate from Massey University.
Nominations are invited, according to the following guidelines and in these categories:
The Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award
For significant accomplishments in business or professional life.
- Significant accomplishments in business or professional life
- Professional Achievement - Pre-eminence in their chosen field
- Attained prominence through his or her efforts in commerce, industry, technology, the professions, agriculture, the arts, education, government or other worthy endeavours
The Distinguished Alumni Service Award
For specific and meritorious service to the university, community or nation.
- Specific and meritorious service to the university, community or nation
- Outstanding contributions to the community at large including assistance to disadvantaged groups or individuals
- Exhibits integrity and a demonstrated commitment to service through an interest in bettering the lives of others
The Distinguished Young Alumni Award
For an alumnus aged 35 or younger at time of nomination, for significant accomplishments in business or professional life or for service to the university, community or nation.
- Aged 35 or younger at time of nomination, for significant accomplishments in business or professional life or for service to the university, community or nation.
- Leadership – Outstanding professional or voluntary service that is shown within 10 years of graduation
Sir Geoffrey Peren Distinguished Alumni Award
From the three categories an overall winner will be selected and awarded the Sir Geoffrey Peren Distinguished Alumni Award. This award commemorates one of the University’s most respected leaders. Sir Geoffrey was the founding Vice-Chancellor (1928-1958). The award will serve as the supreme honour each year.
- For significant and on-going contributions to business or professional life, as well as meritorious service to the university, community or nation
- A true leader and visionary
- Highly respected in their field of expertise
The Alumni Relations Office will convene a selection committee. The selection committee of highly accomplished alumni and friends of Massey will choose the recipients for each award from those nominated.
- A nomination can be made by an individual, an alumnus or a group.
- More than one nomination can be made by a nominator
- An alumnus may self-nominate
- Nominees who have been unsuccessful in previous years may be re-nominated in future years
- A deceased alumnus may be nominated
- The award nominations are private and confidential. Final recipients will be publicised in the national media and Massey Magazine etc.
- The nominator is responsible for preparing the necessary documentation to support the nomination. The information should be as complete as possible and should include the following:
- Nominee’s full name and address, including title.
- Career or occupation.
- Full list of academic qualifications with speciality (if known) and name of University/universities.
- List of other honours, awards or offices held, with dates if known.
- Contributions and achievements that make the nominee eligible and deserving of selection.
- Any other supporting documentation or information deemed useful.
Your request has been received!
Unable to submit request. Please try again.